Last we heard from Bishop Lamont, the Left Coast buzzmaker had hooked up with Xzibit to take hip-hop to church on unreleased cut Hallelujah. Fast forward nearly 12 months, and Lamont’s back with Blow Yo Mind, a newly-released (though previously leaked in an unfinished form) album inclusion which finds Lamont once again hanging with X to the Z – this time, though, he seems more interested in getting blitzed on Hennessy and Grey Goose than praising the Lord. Over Scoop Deville‘s gritty synths and stomp-clap percussion, the aforementioned collaborators are joined by Booth favorite and Cali underground mainstay Crooked I, who delivers a few aggressive bars on the back end. Rounding out this dope ensemble is hookman Jelly Roll, who ties the track together with some fittingly gritty chorus vocals. Fans who have been starving for new Bishop Lamont material will finally have their prayers answered (tentatively) in October, when the artist drops his aptly-titled God Damn N*gga - It’s About F*ckin’ Time LP via indie label Diocese.
Written by richard on 06/23/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All I Dream About ft. Pooh Bear" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.