Having made a name for himself on the mixtape circuit, Birmingham J (yes, that’s also his hometown) hopes to turn his underground fame into mainstream shine. Reminding us of why he has been so successful, J’s newest single asks his audience, How U Like My Swagger? J describes his lifestyle with that same love-it-or-leave-it attitude that got fellow ‘Bama MCs such as Rich Boy and 334 MO.B.B. on the major scene. With production from Lil’ Jon (and a few of his “Hey“s), look for that swagger to stay high; whether it will get Birmingham J the mainstream hype that he covets remains undetermined.
Listen to More: Birmingham J
Written by Burmy on 10/25/07
Kottage Boy Records, LLC
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.