Having made a name for himself on the mixtape circuit, Birmingham J (yes, that’s also his hometown) hopes to turn his underground fame into mainstream shine. Reminding us of why he has been so successful, J’s newest single asks his audience, How U Like My Swagger? J describes his lifestyle with that same love-it-or-leave-it attitude that got fellow ‘Bama MCs such as Rich Boy and 334 MO.B.B. on the major scene. With production from Lil’ Jon (and a few of his “Hey“s), look for that swagger to stay high; whether it will get Birmingham J the mainstream hype that he covets remains undetermined.
Written by Burmy on 10/25/07
Submit your Rating
Kottage Boy Records, LLC
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.