Back in 2008, Rick Ross and Birdman stepped into the studio to record an album together. Though the extensive sessions yielded plenty of material, none of the tracks have officially seen the light of day… until now. Fresh off the surprise announcement that they’d be releasing the set as a free mixtape next week, the collaborators are giving us our first taste of the project in the form of new single Pop That P**sy. Despite what the title and chorus might suggest, the bars Baby and Rozay deliver over an uncredited producer’s street boardwork are only tangentially about the female anatomy; the real topic is—what else?—big money, and the lavish lifestyle it enables the rap moguls to enjoy. Does this joint lend credence to Ross’ assertion that the long-lost LP is a “classic”? If you think so, then you’ll most definitely want to cop The H: The Lost Album, Vol. 1 when it hits the ‘net next Thursday, May 23.
Cash Money/SNS/Motown/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sun Come Up ft. T-Pain & Glasses Malone" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Boi ft. A$AP Rocky. Phantogram & A-Ha - Lanes
- BAU Music ft. Action Bronson, A$ton Matthews & J.Rocc - With My Soul
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!