Back in 2008, Rick Ross and Birdman stepped into the studio to record an album together. Though the extensive sessions yielded plenty of material, none of the tracks have officially seen the light of day… until now. Fresh off the surprise announcement that they’d be releasing the set as a free mixtape next week, the collaborators are giving us our first taste of the project in the form of new single Pop That P**sy. Despite what the title and chorus might suggest, the bars Baby and Rozay deliver over an uncredited producer’s street boardwork are only tangentially about the female anatomy; the real topic is—what else?—big money, and the lavish lifestyle it enables the rap moguls to enjoy. Does this joint lend credence to Ross’ assertion that the long-lost LP is a “classic”? If you think so, then you’ll most definitely want to cop The H: The Lost Album, Vol. 1 when it hits the ‘net next Thursday, May 23.
Written by richard on 05/19/13
Submit your Rating
Cash Money/SNS/Motown/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sun Come Up ft. T-Pain & Glasses Malone" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.