On Pricele$$ single number two, Birdman took a break from thuggin’ to go clubbin’ with Down singer Jay Sean – a move that elicited mixed, but predominantly positive reviews from our regulars. Written on Her didn’t end up cracking the Billboard Hot 100, but the Cash Money head honcho didn’t let that discourage him. Today, Baby’s back to scorch the dancefloors once again with the cut’s official remix. As you’d expect, club-hop hitmaker Flo Rida‘s propulsively-flowing opener sounds right at home over Oddz.N.Endz’ pounding, synth-drenched boardwork (retained along with Sean’s reader-acclaimed hook vocals and the headliner’s second verse), and Young Money representative Mack Maine‘s bouncy middle bars are similarly appealing. So, Booth readers, does this revamp soar higher than the original, or was one rendition enough? Whether you enjoyed this crossover jam or prefer Birdman’s more street-oriented material, you can find more on the emcee/CEO’s fourth solo album, due out November 24th.
Written by richard on 10/8/09
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix) ft. T.I., Young Dro, Diddy & Baby" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.