On Pricele$$ single number two, Birdman took a break from thuggin’ to go clubbin’ with Down singer Jay Sean – a move that elicited mixed, but predominantly positive reviews from our regulars. Written on Her didn’t end up cracking the Billboard Hot 100, but the Cash Money head honcho didn’t let that discourage him. Today, Baby’s back to scorch the dancefloors once again with the cut’s official remix. As you’d expect, club-hop hitmaker Flo Rida‘s propulsively-flowing opener sounds right at home over Oddz.N.Endz’ pounding, synth-drenched boardwork (retained along with Sean’s reader-acclaimed hook vocals and the headliner’s second verse), and Young Money representative Mack Maine‘s bouncy middle bars are similarly appealing. So, Booth readers, does this revamp soar higher than the original, or was one rendition enough? Whether you enjoyed this crossover jam or prefer Birdman’s more street-oriented material, you can find more on the emcee/CEO’s fourth solo album, due out November 24th.
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix) ft. T.I., Young Dro, Diddy & Baby" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.