On Pricele$$ single number two, Birdman took a break from thuggin’ to go clubbin’ with Down singer Jay Sean – a move that elicited mixed, but predominantly positive reviews from our regulars. Written on Her didn’t end up cracking the Billboard Hot 100, but the Cash Money head honcho didn’t let that discourage him. Today, Baby’s back to scorch the dancefloors once again with the cut’s official remix. As you’d expect, club-hop hitmaker Flo Rida‘s propulsively-flowing opener sounds right at home over Oddz.N.Endz’ pounding, synth-drenched boardwork (retained along with Sean’s reader-acclaimed hook vocals and the headliner’s second verse), and Young Money representative Mack Maine‘s bouncy middle bars are similarly appealing. So, Booth readers, does this revamp soar higher than the original, or was one rendition enough? Whether you enjoyed this crossover jam or prefer Birdman’s more street-oriented material, you can find more on the emcee/CEO’s fourth solo album, due out November 24th.
Written by richard on 10/8/09
Submit your Rating
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix) ft. T.I., Young Dro, Diddy & Baby" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.