When rappers are questioned about their use of the ever-popular ‘b-word,’ the boilerplate response is, “There are women, and then there are b**ches.” For Birdman, however, the title of “real b**tch” is an honor to be bestowed upon the women he most respects—including his sister, Tamara, and the late “Queen of Bounce,” Magnolia Shorty. On the latest single off his fifth solo studio album, the Southern rap mogul gives those fine ladies and his myriad other down chicks a lyrical Shout Out, flowing over the whip-ready production of Chicago’s Young Chop. French Montana (whose Bad Boy debut, Excuse My French, is still awaiting a drop date) and YMCMB‘s own Gudda Gudda contribute guest bars. Watch for Bigga than Life to hit stores in early 2013 via Republic/Cash Money Records.
Written by richard on 10/15/12
Submit your Rating
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.