When rappers are questioned about their use of the ever-popular ‘b-word,’ the boilerplate response is, “There are women, and then there are b**ches.” For Birdman, however, the title of “real b**tch” is an honor to be bestowed upon the women he most respects—including his sister, Tamara, and the late “Queen of Bounce,” Magnolia Shorty. On the latest single off his fifth solo studio album, the Southern rap mogul gives those fine ladies and his myriad other down chicks a lyrical Shout Out, flowing over the whip-ready production of Chicago’s Young Chop. French Montana (whose Bad Boy debut, Excuse My French, is still awaiting a drop date) and YMCMB‘s own Gudda Gudda contribute guest bars. Watch for Bigga than Life to hit stores in early 2013 via Republic/Cash Money Records.
Written by richard on 10/15/12
Submit your Rating
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.