Judging by the reader reviews on the Cash Money head honcho’s last few features, the Booth consensus seems to be that it’s not Birdman‘s own talents, but the company he keeps that makes his tracks worth a listen. If that’s your take, newly-leaked album inclusion More Milli is unlikely to convince you otherwise – here, the emcee/CEO once again lets Young Money‘s brightest rising star do the heavy lifting on the mic. After the headliner spits his characteristically car/cash-crazy opening bars over Boi-1da‘s laid-back chopped-sample/percussion beat, Money to Blow partner-in-rhyme Drake steps up to the mic, stretching his legs with a extended, swagger-drenched closing verse which includes the lofty couplet, “Thank Me Later, first week, I’m taking all bets/ because a million copies really isn’t far fetched.” Could Drizzy’s bold forecast come to pass? Will Birdman and his formidable flock’s combined efforts add up to big sales numbers? We’ll have to wait till Thank Me Later and Pricele$$ drop, respectively, Valentine’s Day 2010 and the 24th of next month, to find out for sure.
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix) ft. T.I., Young Dro, Diddy & Baby" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.