Judging by the reader reviews on the Cash Money head honcho’s last few features, the Booth consensus seems to be that it’s not Birdman‘s own talents, but the company he keeps that makes his tracks worth a listen. If that’s your take, newly-leaked album inclusion More Milli is unlikely to convince you otherwise – here, the emcee/CEO once again lets Young Money‘s brightest rising star do the heavy lifting on the mic. After the headliner spits his characteristically car/cash-crazy opening bars over Boi-1da‘s laid-back chopped-sample/percussion beat, Money to Blow partner-in-rhyme Drake steps up to the mic, stretching his legs with a extended, swagger-drenched closing verse which includes the lofty couplet, “Thank Me Later, first week, I’m taking all bets/ because a million copies really isn’t far fetched.” Could Drizzy’s bold forecast come to pass? Will Birdman and his formidable flock’s combined efforts add up to big sales numbers? We’ll have to wait till Thank Me Later and Pricele$$ drop, respectively, Valentine’s Day 2010 and the 24th of next month, to find out for sure.
Written by richard on 10/18/09
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix) ft. T.I., Young Dro, Diddy & Baby" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.