If there’s anything that Cash Money is known for, it’s a sense of Loyalty and family values. Apart from the Juve-B.G.-Mannie Fresh fiasco, CM has stuck behind their artists. Although the Hot Boys fell apart, don’t forget that Lil Wayne has stuck around even amidst rumors of his departure to other labels, and it has paid off as he became the biggest “Rock Star” of our generation. Now, Cash Money’s head honcho, Birdman, recruits Wayne and Young Money’s (Most-Improved) artist Tyga for his new single, Loyalty. Lyrically, Birdman and Weezy deliver their exactly what you’d expect; it’s Tyga’s hook and verse that are the stand-out ingredient in the Cash Money recipe while Kane Beatz and The Mad Violinist (a.k.a. “The Building”) team up for production credits, giving us a soulful and inspirational beat that adds the icing on the billion-dollar Cash Money cake. Expect this to be on Birdman’s upcoming album, Bigger Than Life, coming soon. So how about it Booth nation? Are you enjoying this slice of Cash Money cake?
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 06/20/10
Submit your Rating
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)