With G.O.O.D. Music taking over the hip-hop world, Cash Money/Young Money find themselves trying to keep pace with the help of some wholesome family values. This remixed version of Birdman single Loyalty sees the CM head honcho joined by faithful family members Lil’ Twist, Mack Maine, Brisco, Bow Wow and Cory Gunz. Consider it a Sunday get-together. All of the artists reflect on their humble beginnings, and bask in their current success; however no one emcee seems to jump out at the listener. None of the aforementioned artists are horrible, but none do much to impress. It’s Birdman’s song, and he has the shortest verse… though I can’t say I’m disappointed. Instead, producers Kane Beatz and The Mad Violinist take center stage with their instrumental. A sample-driven effort, the classy, introspective beat should help keep listeners engaged. No matter how you view Birdman, he usually has solid production. The remix figures to be on Wayne Sr.‘s upcoming album, Bigger Than Life, yet to be given a release date. I wonder what kind of celebration the CM/YM fam will have when Lil Wayne is released…
Written by Jon Garcia on 10/24/10
Submit your Rating
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.