If there’s anything that Cash Money is known for, it’s a sense of Loyalty and family values. Apart from the Juve-B.G.-Mannie Fresh fiasco, CM has stuck behind their artists. Although the Hot Boys fell apart, don’t forget that Lil Wayne has stuck around even amidst rumors of his departure to other labels, and it has paid off as he became the biggest “Rock Star” of our generation. Now, Cash Money’s head honcho, Birdman, recruits Wayne and Young Money’s (Most-Improved) artist Tyga for his new single, Loyalty. Lyrically, Birdman and Weezy deliver their exactly what you’d expect; it’s Tyga’s hook and verse that are the stand-out ingredient in the Cash Money recipe while Kane Beatz and The Mad Violinist (a.k.a. “The Building”) team up for production credits, giving us a soulful and inspirational beat that adds the icing on the billion-dollar Cash Money cake. Expect this to be on Birdman’s upcoming album, Bigger Than Life, coming soon. So how about it Booth nation? Are you enjoying this slice of Cash Money cake?
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 06/20/10
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix) ft. T.I., Young Dro, Diddy & Baby" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.