If there’s anything that Cash Money is known for, it’s a sense of Loyalty and family values. Apart from the Juve-B.G.-Mannie Fresh fiasco, CM has stuck behind their artists. Although the Hot Boys fell apart, don’t forget that Lil Wayne has stuck around even amidst rumors of his departure to other labels, and it has paid off as he became the biggest “Rock Star” of our generation. Now, Cash Money’s head honcho, Birdman, recruits Wayne and Young Money’s (Most-Improved) artist Tyga for his new single, Loyalty. Lyrically, Birdman and Weezy deliver their exactly what you’d expect; it’s Tyga’s hook and verse that are the stand-out ingredient in the Cash Money recipe while Kane Beatz and The Mad Violinist (a.k.a. “The Building”) team up for production credits, giving us a soulful and inspirational beat that adds the icing on the billion-dollar Cash Money cake. Expect this to be on Birdman’s upcoming album, Bigger Than Life, coming soon. So how about it Booth nation? Are you enjoying this slice of Cash Money cake?
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 06/20/10
Submit your Rating
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.