For those who, like me, did a double take upon reading the title line, allow me to reassure you that you have not fallen into a time portal to 2008. Get Money, the latest single from Birdman, shares nothing with a certain hit single off Tha Carter III aside from all but one letter of its title, its central theme, its general beat style and several of the collaborators involved. Y’know, on second thought that does seem kinda similar – but I swear, this is a totally different song. Anyway, this paper-stacking banger finds The Runners blending brass bombast with trunk-rattling percussion as the Cash Money mogul rhymes about – what else? – the accumulation and spending of that filthy lucre. Joining Baby on the mic, Young Money repper Mack Maine laces the middle with pungent braggadocio (“I’m on my feet like dogsh*t, n*gga”), and adopted son Lil Wayne closes proceedings aggressively scatterbrained (and libidinous) note. T-Pain? Well, the top-hatted one does what he does best, tying the record together with an Autotune-drenched chorus. Digging this acquisitive joint? Then keep it locked for all the latest leading up to the summer arrival of Birdman’s fifth solo set, Bigga Than Life.
Written by richard on 03/30/11
Submit your Rating
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.