When Lil Wayne first released Always Strapped, few expected the record to achieve the level of success it has. Birdman, however, saw the then-mixtape track’s true potential, and reworked it for release as the lead single off his forthcoming senior album, Priceless. About three years later, the single version has peaked at #65 on the Billboard Hot 100. You know what that means: time for an official remix! Where others would settle for a few added guest features, the recession-proof Birdman goes all out, calling on the 100 Million gang for a truly epic revamp. After an unusually brief (and quiet) DJ Khaled intro, Weezy spits a brand new opener. Rick Ross and Young Jeezy handle the middle section, firing off their most potent lyrical ammunition before making way for Birdman himself, who brings out the big guns on his closing verse—even Mr. Beatz turns up the firepower, contributing a slightly-tweaked instrumental. It all adds up to a Rambo-esque musical rampage sure to take the Southern streets by storm.
Written by Burmy on 05/28/09
Submit your Rating
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)