When Lil Wayne first released Always Strapped, few expected the record to achieve the level of success it has. Birdman, however, saw the then-mixtape track’s true potential, and reworked it for release as the lead single off his forthcoming senior album, Priceless. About three years later, the single version has peaked at #65 on the Billboard Hot 100. You know what that means: time for an official remix! Where others would settle for a few added guest features, the recession-proof Birdman goes all out, calling on the 100 Million gang for a truly epic revamp. After an unusually brief (and quiet) DJ Khaled intro, Weezy spits a brand new opener. Rick Ross and Young Jeezy handle the middle section, firing off their most potent lyrical ammunition before making way for Birdman himself, who brings out the big guns on his closing verse—even Mr. Beatz turns up the firepower, contributing a slightly-tweaked instrumental. It all adds up to a Rambo-esque musical rampage sure to take the Southern streets by storm.
Written by Burmy on 05/28/09
Submit your Rating
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.