On the lead single off Bryan “Baby” Williams’ forthcoming LP, the rapper/Cash Money exec also known as Birdman shares a father-son moment with Lil Wayne, a.k.a. Birdman, Jr, bonding over the fact that they’re both Always Strapped. In addition to handling hook duties, Weezy kicks off the proceedings with a guest verse that sounds a little subdued in comparison to much of his recent output; Birdman brings some more energy when he steps into the spotlight to discuss his epic grind and the shine that it’s earned him. Like many of the records Wayne’s been on in recent memory, the production (courtesy of Mr. Beatz) bears traces of rock-rap experimentation; here, brass fanfare collides with metal guitar riffs, and the results are ear-pleasing, though the instrumental occasionally distracts during the verses. Big Money Talk. Birdman’s fourth solo studio album, has yet to receive a specific release date from Universal Motown, but is scheduled to drop sometime this summer.
Written by richard on 02/11/09
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix) ft. T.I., Young Dro, Diddy & Baby" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)