On the lead single off Bryan “Baby” Williams’ forthcoming LP, the rapper/Cash Money exec also known as Birdman shares a father-son moment with Lil Wayne, a.k.a. Birdman, Jr, bonding over the fact that they’re both Always Strapped. In addition to handling hook duties, Weezy kicks off the proceedings with a guest verse that sounds a little subdued in comparison to much of his recent output; Birdman brings some more energy when he steps into the spotlight to discuss his epic grind and the shine that it’s earned him. Like many of the records Wayne’s been on in recent memory, the production (courtesy of Mr. Beatz) bears traces of rock-rap experimentation; here, brass fanfare collides with metal guitar riffs, and the results are ear-pleasing, though the instrumental occasionally distracts during the verses. Big Money Talk. Birdman’s fourth solo studio album, has yet to receive a specific release date from Universal Motown, but is scheduled to drop sometime this summer.
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix) ft. T.I., Young Dro, Diddy & Baby" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.