On the lead single off Bryan “Baby” Williams’ forthcoming LP, the rapper/Cash Money exec also known as Birdman shares a father-son moment with Lil Wayne, a.k.a. Birdman, Jr, bonding over the fact that they’re both Always Strapped. In addition to handling hook duties, Weezy kicks off the proceedings with a guest verse that sounds a little subdued in comparison to much of his recent output; Birdman brings some more energy when he steps into the spotlight to discuss his epic grind and the shine that it’s earned him. Like many of the records Wayne’s been on in recent memory, the production (courtesy of Mr. Beatz) bears traces of rock-rap experimentation; here, brass fanfare collides with metal guitar riffs, and the results are ear-pleasing, though the instrumental occasionally distracts during the verses. Big Money Talk. Birdman’s fourth solo studio album, has yet to receive a specific release date from Universal Motown, but is scheduled to drop sometime this summer.
Written by richard on 02/11/09
Submit your Rating
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix) ft. T.I., Young Dro, Diddy & Baby" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.