On the lead single off Bryan “Baby” Williams’ forthcoming LP, the rapper/Cash Money exec also known as Birdman shares a father-son moment with Lil Wayne, a.k.a. Birdman, Jr, bonding over the fact that they’re both Always Strapped. In addition to handling hook duties, Weezy kicks off the proceedings with a guest verse that sounds a little subdued in comparison to much of his recent output; Birdman brings some more energy when he steps into the spotlight to discuss his epic grind and the shine that it’s earned him. Like many of the records Wayne’s been on in recent memory, the production (courtesy of Mr. Beatz) bears traces of rock-rap experimentation; here, brass fanfare collides with metal guitar riffs, and the results are ear-pleasing, though the instrumental occasionally distracts during the verses. Big Money Talk. Birdman’s fourth solo studio album, has yet to receive a specific release date from Universal Motown, but is scheduled to drop sometime this summer.
Written by richard on 02/11/09
Submit your Rating
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix) ft. T.I., Young Dro, Diddy & Baby" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.