Taking a page from his adopted son‘s book (if you don’t know who he is, you probably just crash-landed here from another planet), Cash Money Don Birdman goes the crossover route on this new single off his upcoming senior album, Priceless. Like Weezy did with his guest verse on Kevin Rudolf‘s Let It Rock, Baby takes the opportunity to kick-start a brand new Cash Money signee’s career; unlike Wayne, however, Baby isn’t entertaining any rockstar fantasies. Rather, Written On Her hopes to replicate the success of Flo Rida‘s recent club-hop hits. Though Birdman’s distinctive style is intact, Jay Sean (who got positive reviews in the Booth for his ‘08 single Just A Friend) truly shines over Oddz.N.Endz’ pulse-pounding instrumental. In addition to being Birdman’s best shot at the Billboard Top 10, this record is living proof of Birdman’s plans to take Cash Money beyond hip-hop; now, he’s looking to take over the world! Priceless has yet to receive a release date, but watch for it to arrive sometime this summer.
Written by Burmy on 04/27/09
Submit your Rating
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.