Taking a page from his adopted son‘s book (if you don’t know who he is, you probably just crash-landed here from another planet), Cash Money Don Birdman goes the crossover route on this new single off his upcoming senior album, Priceless. Like Weezy did with his guest verse on Kevin Rudolf‘s Let It Rock, Baby takes the opportunity to kick-start a brand new Cash Money signee’s career; unlike Wayne, however, Baby isn’t entertaining any rockstar fantasies. Rather, Written On Her hopes to replicate the success of Flo Rida‘s recent club-hop hits. Though Birdman’s distinctive style is intact, Jay Sean (who got positive reviews in the Booth for his ‘08 single Just A Friend) truly shines over Oddz.N.Endz’ pulse-pounding instrumental. In addition to being Birdman’s best shot at the Billboard Top 10, this record is living proof of Birdman’s plans to take Cash Money beyond hip-hop; now, he’s looking to take over the world! Priceless has yet to receive a release date, but watch for it to arrive sometime this summer.
Written by Burmy on 04/27/09
Submit your Rating
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)