When talk of money began in rap music, it was usually associated with a hustle to obtain it. Artists didn’t flaunt their wealth because the truth was, they didn’t have any. Twenty-five years later it seems as though “cash money” is the only topic at hand for most artists. With no pun intended, that is the exact direction of the new Birdman song, Hundred Million. Although Baby has never seen money like that, in fact no rapper has, we get the point: he’s rich. Featuring the usual suspects (Rick Ross, Young Jeezy, Lil’ Wayne), the song is a party jam with the most hypocritical intro in history. DJ Khaled screams “This is for the hood; this is for the ghetto…”. Sure, that makes sense; flaunt your wealth to the exact audience that is void of it.
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix) ft. T.I., Young Dro, Diddy & Baby" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.