I’ve never been to prison (sh*t, there goes my street cred), but if I had just spent eight months behind bars, I know the first item on my agenda would be hanging out with the fam. Seems like Lil Wayne had the same idea – fortunately for fans, his and Birdman‘s version of “quality time” involves recording new collaborative material. The newly-freed Weezy’s first effort, a remix of his adopted father’s Fire Flame, finds him sounding understandably rejuvenated, gleefully name-dropping Lucille Ball and rhyming words that were never meant to be rhymed with one another (“cruelty/Rubik’s”) over Kill Will‘s sproingy synth arpeggios. As for Tunechi’s daddy, well, the Cash Money head honcho stunts as enthusiastically as ever, showing off his fat stacks, his tommy gun and his expensive whips in verses that drip with Southern swagger. So, readers, does this cut live up to its redundantly repetitious title? If you think so, you’ll want to keep it locked – Like Father Like Son 2, Baby and Wayne’s sophomore full-length as a duo, has yet to receive a release date, but we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 11/16/10
Submit your Rating
Cash Money Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix) ft. T.I., Young Dro, Diddy & Baby" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.