A frequent behind-the-boards collaborator of Kanye West as well as a heavyweight beatsmith in his own right (He’s produced for Jay Z, KiD CuDi and Beyoncé, to name a few.), Jeff Bhasker recently threw his hat into the solo ring with Born on the Fourth of July, his debut mixtape under the alias Billy Kraven. His first solo feature may bear the inauspicious title “Raw Pain,” but you won’t need to pop an aspirin after listening—in fact, it’s downright ear-pleasing. Craven’s own beat, a quirky arrangement featuring flute harmonies that wouldn’t sound out of place at your local Renaissance Faire, backs the artist as he showcases his falsetto vocal stylings. Interest piqued? More eclectic bangers await on the aforementioned street album, out now online. Click here to stream the full project via SoundCloud!
Written by richard on 08/6/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.