A frequent behind-the-boards collaborator of Kanye West as well as a heavyweight beatsmith in his own right (He’s produced for Jay Z, KiD CuDi and Beyoncé, to name a few.), Jeff Bhasker recently threw his hat into the solo ring with Born on the Fourth of July, his debut mixtape under the alias Billy Kraven. His first solo feature may bear the inauspicious title “Raw Pain,” but you won’t need to pop an aspirin after listening—in fact, it’s downright ear-pleasing. Craven’s own beat, a quirky arrangement featuring flute harmonies that wouldn’t sound out of place at your local Renaissance Faire, backs the artist as he showcases his falsetto vocal stylings. Interest piqued? More eclectic bangers await on the aforementioned street album, out now online. Click here to stream the full project via SoundCloud!
Written by richard on 08/6/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.