A frequent behind-the-boards collaborator of Kanye West as well as a heavyweight beatsmith in his own right (He’s produced for Jay Z, KiD CuDi and Beyoncé, to name a few.), Jeff Bhasker recently threw his hat into the solo ring with Born on the Fourth of July, his debut mixtape under the alias Billy Kraven. His first solo feature may bear the inauspicious title “Raw Pain,” but you won’t need to pop an aspirin after listening—in fact, it’s downright ear-pleasing. Craven’s own beat, a quirky arrangement featuring flute harmonies that wouldn’t sound out of place at your local Renaissance Faire, backs the artist as he showcases his falsetto vocal stylings. Interest piqued? More eclectic bangers await on the aforementioned street album, out now online. Click here to stream the full project via SoundCloud!
Written by richard on 08/6/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.