A frequent behind-the-boards collaborator of Kanye West as well as a heavyweight beatsmith in his own right (He’s produced for Jay Z, KiD CuDi and Beyoncé, to name a few.), Jeff Bhasker recently threw his hat into the solo ring with Born on the Fourth of July, his debut mixtape under the alias Billy Kraven. His first solo feature may bear the inauspicious title “Raw Pain,” but you won’t need to pop an aspirin after listening—in fact, it’s downright ear-pleasing. Craven’s own beat, a quirky arrangement featuring flute harmonies that wouldn’t sound out of place at your local Renaissance Faire, backs the artist as he showcases his falsetto vocal stylings. Interest piqued? More eclectic bangers await on the aforementioned street album, out now online. Click here to stream the full project via SoundCloud!
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.