While M.O.P. has never captured the commercial success that many of their fans think they deserve (and dread), you would be hard-pressed to find a single person that can’t find something to like about them. They spit from the heart with an unparalleled intensity that can get even the most casual head throwing their hands in the air. While Billie Danze and Lil’ Fame have temporarily separated to pursue their own solo careers, neither is expected to stray too far from the hardcore style that has attracted their cult following. Danze’s delivery in his new single, Savages, stays true to the group’s trademark up-in-your-face approach. The track features a heavily-sampled, oddly familiar-sounding beat by Emile. M.O.P. may be trying new things, but they’re way too good together to stay apart for long.
Written by Charlie E. on 06/17/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Land of the Crooks " (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)