While M.O.P. has never captured the commercial success that many of their fans think they deserve (and dread), you would be hard-pressed to find a single person that can’t find something to like about them. They spit from the heart with an unparalleled intensity that can get even the most casual head throwing their hands in the air. While Billie Danze and Lil’ Fame have temporarily separated to pursue their own solo careers, neither is expected to stray too far from the hardcore style that has attracted their cult following. Danze’s delivery in his new single, Savages, stays true to the group’s trademark up-in-your-face approach. The track features a heavily-sampled, oddly familiar-sounding beat by Emile. M.O.P. may be trying new things, but they’re way too good together to stay apart for long.
Written by Charlie E. on 06/17/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Land of the Crooks " (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.