While M.O.P. has never captured the commercial success that many of their fans think they deserve (and dread), you would be hard-pressed to find a single person that can’t find something to like about them. They spit from the heart with an unparalleled intensity that can get even the most casual head throwing their hands in the air. While Billie Danze and Lil’ Fame have temporarily separated to pursue their own solo careers, neither is expected to stray too far from the hardcore style that has attracted their cult following. Danze’s delivery in his new single, Savages, stays true to the group’s trademark up-in-your-face approach. The track features a heavily-sampled, oddly familiar-sounding beat by Emile. M.O.P. may be trying new things, but they’re way too good together to stay apart for long.
Written by Charlie E. on 06/17/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Land of the Crooks " (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.