Recently signed to a new deal with Poe Boy/Konvict/Mosely Music/Interscope, Billy Blue feels like sharing a little of the wealth; on new single What’s Going On, he informs all the ladies who’ve fallen on hard times that he’s more than willing to lend a hand – whether you’re struggling to make rent or simply need your weave fixed, he’s your go-to guy. Considerably more laid-back than Blue’s last feature, the title track off his forthcoming Story of My Life LP, this cut finds the Miami-based rapper exercising his slow flow over beatsmith SoundZ’ woozy, synth-drenched boardwork. D. Woods handles the hook, putting a cash-centric spin on the chorus melody from one-hit wonder 4 Non-Blondes’ one hit, 1993 single What’s Up – and, as far as I’m concerned, the former Danity Kane member is considerably easier on the ears than Linda Perry’s yodels on the original. Billy Blue’s debut studio album still has yet to receive a solid release date from the label brass, but fans can keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 11/2/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Grown (Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.