Recently signed to a new deal with Poe Boy/Konvict/Mosely Music/Interscope, Billy Blue feels like sharing a little of the wealth; on new single What’s Going On, he informs all the ladies who’ve fallen on hard times that he’s more than willing to lend a hand – whether you’re struggling to make rent or simply need your weave fixed, he’s your go-to guy. Considerably more laid-back than Blue’s last feature, the title track off his forthcoming Story of My Life LP, this cut finds the Miami-based rapper exercising his slow flow over beatsmith SoundZ’ woozy, synth-drenched boardwork. D. Woods handles the hook, putting a cash-centric spin on the chorus melody from one-hit wonder 4 Non-Blondes’ one hit, 1993 single What’s Up – and, as far as I’m concerned, the former Danity Kane member is considerably easier on the ears than Linda Perry’s yodels on the original. Billy Blue’s debut studio album still has yet to receive a solid release date from the label brass, but fans can keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 11/2/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Grown (Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.