Recently signed to a new deal with Poe Boy/Konvict/Mosely Music/Interscope, Billy Blue feels like sharing a little of the wealth; on new single What’s Going On, he informs all the ladies who’ve fallen on hard times that he’s more than willing to lend a hand – whether you’re struggling to make rent or simply need your weave fixed, he’s your go-to guy. Considerably more laid-back than Blue’s last feature, the title track off his forthcoming Story of My Life LP, this cut finds the Miami-based rapper exercising his slow flow over beatsmith SoundZ’ woozy, synth-drenched boardwork. D. Woods handles the hook, putting a cash-centric spin on the chorus melody from one-hit wonder 4 Non-Blondes’ one hit, 1993 single What’s Up – and, as far as I’m concerned, the former Danity Kane member is considerably easier on the ears than Linda Perry’s yodels on the original. Billy Blue’s debut studio album still has yet to receive a solid release date from the label brass, but fans can keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest news and tunes.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Grown (Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.