Riddle time: What could be better than having one or two heavyweight labels co-sign your music? Try having three brands promoting you! Such is the case with North Miami’s Billy Blue, whose debut album, Real Talk, will be released under Poe Boy Entertainment, Akon‘s KonLive Distribution, and Timbaland‘s Mosely Music Group (all of which are distributed by Interscope). Though his prior Booth feature, Face So Good, received mixed reviews (from a grand total of six ratings), Billy Blue is no quitter—today, he’s back with a new feature, Fresh From Head 2 Toe. As on Face So Good, Billy comes across as a hybrid of Rick Ross and Juvenile; the difference is Guerilla Tek‘s beat, which goes heavy on the brass to achieve a more jazzy sound. On the strength of its production alone, Fresh From Head 2 Toe should pick up some positive feedback. Now, if only he could score a beat by Kon or Timbo (or even Danja) for his next feature…
Written by Burmy on 03/9/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Grown (Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.