Riddle time: What could be better than having one or two heavyweight labels co-sign your music? Try having three brands promoting you! Such is the case with North Miami’s Billy Blue, whose debut album, Real Talk, will be released under Poe Boy Entertainment, Akon‘s KonLive Distribution, and Timbaland‘s Mosely Music Group (all of which are distributed by Interscope). Though his prior Booth feature, Face So Good, received mixed reviews (from a grand total of six ratings), Billy Blue is no quitter—today, he’s back with a new feature, Fresh From Head 2 Toe. As on Face So Good, Billy comes across as a hybrid of Rick Ross and Juvenile; the difference is Guerilla Tek‘s beat, which goes heavy on the brass to achieve a more jazzy sound. On the strength of its production alone, Fresh From Head 2 Toe should pick up some positive feedback. Now, if only he could score a beat by Kon or Timbo (or even Danja) for his next feature…
Listen to More: Billy Blue Written by Burmy
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Grown (Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!