Riddle time: What could be better than having one or two heavyweight labels co-sign your music? Try having three brands promoting you! Such is the case with North Miami’s Billy Blue, whose debut album, Real Talk, will be released under Poe Boy Entertainment, Akon‘s KonLive Distribution, and Timbaland‘s Mosely Music Group (all of which are distributed by Interscope). Though his prior Booth feature, Face So Good, received mixed reviews (from a grand total of six ratings), Billy Blue is no quitter—today, he’s back with a new feature, Fresh From Head 2 Toe. As on Face So Good, Billy comes across as a hybrid of Rick Ross and Juvenile; the difference is Guerilla Tek‘s beat, which goes heavy on the brass to achieve a more jazzy sound. On the strength of its production alone, Fresh From Head 2 Toe should pick up some positive feedback. Now, if only he could score a beat by Kon or Timbo (or even Danja) for his next feature…
Listen to More: Billy Blue
Written by Burmy on 03/9/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Grown (Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.