So far, Poe Boy Entertainment‘s roster is evenly split between industry heavyweights (Rick Ross and Flo Rida) and up-and-coming MCs struggling to release their debut albums (Brisco and David Lyn). Hoping to tip the scales more towards the heavyweights, Poe Boy introduces their newest artist, Billy Blue; distributed by Interscope and co-signed by Timbaland and Akon, the North Miami native is ready to start his nationwide stunting with his first single, Face So Good. Sounding like a mix between his labelmate Ricky and Juvenile in his Cash Money era, Billy brings the typical “hoodstar who just happens to rap” mentality to full effect over J. Rock‘s percussion-heavy beat (which borrows a bassline from his prior beat for Trina‘s Look Back At Me). South Florida will love Face So Good; question is, will the rest of the rap world catch on?
Listen to More: Billy Blue
Written by Burmy on 01/1/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Grown (Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.