So far, Poe Boy Entertainment‘s roster is evenly split between industry heavyweights (Rick Ross and Flo Rida) and up-and-coming MCs struggling to release their debut albums (Brisco and David Lyn). Hoping to tip the scales more towards the heavyweights, Poe Boy introduces their newest artist, Billy Blue; distributed by Interscope and co-signed by Timbaland and Akon, the North Miami native is ready to start his nationwide stunting with his first single, Face So Good. Sounding like a mix between his labelmate Ricky and Juvenile in his Cash Money era, Billy brings the typical “hoodstar who just happens to rap” mentality to full effect over J. Rock‘s percussion-heavy beat (which borrows a bassline from his prior beat for Trina‘s Look Back At Me). South Florida will love Face So Good; question is, will the rest of the rap world catch on?
Written by Burmy on 01/1/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Grown (Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.