So far, Poe Boy Entertainment‘s roster is evenly split between industry heavyweights (Rick Ross and Flo Rida) and up-and-coming MCs struggling to release their debut albums (Brisco and David Lyn). Hoping to tip the scales more towards the heavyweights, Poe Boy introduces their newest artist, Billy Blue; distributed by Interscope and co-signed by Timbaland and Akon, the North Miami native is ready to start his nationwide stunting with his first single, Face So Good. Sounding like a mix between his labelmate Ricky and Juvenile in his Cash Money era, Billy brings the typical “hoodstar who just happens to rap” mentality to full effect over J. Rock‘s percussion-heavy beat (which borrows a bassline from his prior beat for Trina‘s Look Back At Me). South Florida will love Face So Good; question is, will the rest of the rap world catch on?
Written by Burmy on 01/1/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Grown (Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.