So far, Poe Boy Entertainment‘s roster is evenly split between industry heavyweights (Rick Ross and Flo Rida) and up-and-coming MCs struggling to release their debut albums (Brisco and David Lyn). Hoping to tip the scales more towards the heavyweights, Poe Boy introduces their newest artist, Billy Blue; distributed by Interscope and co-signed by Timbaland and Akon, the North Miami native is ready to start his nationwide stunting with his first single, Face So Good. Sounding like a mix between his labelmate Ricky and Juvenile in his Cash Money era, Billy brings the typical “hoodstar who just happens to rap” mentality to full effect over J. Rock‘s percussion-heavy beat (which borrows a bassline from his prior beat for Trina‘s Look Back At Me). South Florida will love Face So Good; question is, will the rest of the rap world catch on?
Listen to More: Billy Blue Written by Burmy
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Grown (Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!