So far, Poe Boy Entertainment‘s roster is evenly split between industry heavyweights (Rick Ross and Flo Rida) and up-and-coming MCs struggling to release their debut albums (Brisco and David Lyn). Hoping to tip the scales more towards the heavyweights, Poe Boy introduces their newest artist, Billy Blue; distributed by Interscope and co-signed by Timbaland and Akon, the North Miami native is ready to start his nationwide stunting with his first single, Face So Good. Sounding like a mix between his labelmate Ricky and Juvenile in his Cash Money era, Billy brings the typical “hoodstar who just happens to rap” mentality to full effect over J. Rock‘s percussion-heavy beat (which borrows a bassline from his prior beat for Trina‘s Look Back At Me). South Florida will love Face So Good; question is, will the rest of the rap world catch on?
Listen to More: Billy Blue
Written by Burmy on 01/1/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Grown (Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)