As the cliché goes, a person who actually gained eternal life would have no clue what to do with it – once you’ve experienced everything under the sun, what do you do with the infinity years you’ve got left? Unlike the rest of us, Miami native Billy Blue knows exactly how he’d spend the endless millennia: as he puts it on his latest single (a Booth exclusive world premiere, revised from the version on his recently-released Bluminatti mixtape), he’d love nothing more than to be able to Ball Fa Eva. The Runners man the mixing boards, blending pensive strings, synths and hi-hat-heavy percussion as Blue indulges in a stunting session of Biblical proportions. More creative than your average paean to the paper chase, this cut finds the rapper venturing into some downright surreal territory: “They say money is evil, I’m blessed when I get it / Hoes watchin’ my riches, tellin’ the demons come get it / through the shadow of death, my coffin is gold, my hearse ride on my foes…” Crazy? Maybe; but if Billy Blue’s lost his mind, it’s clearly to listeners’ gain. Fans can find this banger and much more on debut set Story of My Life, which still lacks a solid release date.
Written by richard on 03/17/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Grown (Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.