As the cliché goes, a person who actually gained eternal life would have no clue what to do with it – once you’ve experienced everything under the sun, what do you do with the infinity years you’ve got left? Unlike the rest of us, Miami native Billy Blue knows exactly how he’d spend the endless millennia: as he puts it on his latest single (a Booth exclusive world premiere, revised from the version on his recently-released Bluminatti mixtape), he’d love nothing more than to be able to Ball Fa Eva. The Runners man the mixing boards, blending pensive strings, synths and hi-hat-heavy percussion as Blue indulges in a stunting session of Biblical proportions. More creative than your average paean to the paper chase, this cut finds the rapper venturing into some downright surreal territory: “They say money is evil, I’m blessed when I get it / Hoes watchin’ my riches, tellin’ the demons come get it / through the shadow of death, my coffin is gold, my hearse ride on my foes…” Crazy? Maybe; but if Billy Blue’s lost his mind, it’s clearly to listeners’ gain. Fans can find this banger and much more on debut set Story of My Life, which still lacks a solid release date.
Written by richard on 03/17/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Grown (Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)