Miami emcee Billion has got a lot to say about ridin’. The 27-year-old lyricist has been ridin’ beats since the age of 16 with his now defunct group, South P.O.E., and just released The I-95 EP in April. Raised by the Miami streets, Billion is attempting to appeal to his fan base in the Southeast as well as in New York City, where he met the Piranhas Band and together they started to branch out musically. Rollin’ On Vogues is a laid-back Southern feature on which Billion spits “I know you heard the name, I’m bout to change the world, kick to the curb the fame,” giving his naysayers fair warning. With guitar and synthesizer laden production from Kaz, Rollin’ On Vogues is reminiscent of early Paul Wall and Swishahouse products, minus the screws and chops.
Listen to More: Billion Written by Erica L.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.