Miami emcee Billion has got a lot to say about ridin’. The 27-year-old lyricist has been ridin’ beats since the age of 16 with his now defunct group, South P.O.E., and just released The I-95 EP in April. Raised by the Miami streets, Billion is attempting to appeal to his fan base in the Southeast as well as in New York City, where he met the Piranhas Band and together they started to branch out musically. Rollin’ On Vogues is a laid-back Southern feature on which Billion spits “I know you heard the name, I’m bout to change the world, kick to the curb the fame,” giving his naysayers fair warning. With guitar and synthesizer laden production from Kaz, Rollin’ On Vogues is reminiscent of early Paul Wall and Swishahouse products, minus the screws and chops.
Written by Erica L. on 05/7/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.