Miami emcee Billion has got a lot to say about ridin’. The 27-year-old lyricist has been ridin’ beats since the age of 16 with his now defunct group, South P.O.E., and just released The I-95 EP in April. Raised by the Miami streets, Billion is attempting to appeal to his fan base in the Southeast as well as in New York City, where he met the Piranhas Band and together they started to branch out musically. Rollin’ On Vogues is a laid-back Southern feature on which Billion spits “I know you heard the name, I’m bout to change the world, kick to the curb the fame,” giving his naysayers fair warning. With guitar and synthesizer laden production from Kaz, Rollin’ On Vogues is reminiscent of early Paul Wall and Swishahouse products, minus the screws and chops.
Written by Erica L. on 05/7/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.