To celebrate his debut album’s release next week, Lee Bannon decided to put his own spin on a record by Plug Records labelmate Bilal. On this newly-released remix of Who Are You (off 2011’s Airtight’s Revenge), the Booth-acclaimed beatsmith switches out the original’s laid-back, guitar-laced backdrop for his own dreamy electronic grooves. Feeling it? More fresh, innovative boardwork awaits on the Sacramento producer’s freshman solo set, Fantastic Plastic, scheduled to drop February 28.
Written by richard on 02/23/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Light 2008 (It’s Love) ft. Marsha Ambrosius & Bilal" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.