To celebrate his debut album’s release next week, Lee Bannon decided to put his own spin on a record by Plug Records labelmate Bilal. On this newly-released remix of Who Are You (off 2011’s Airtight’s Revenge), the Booth-acclaimed beatsmith switches out the original’s laid-back, guitar-laced backdrop for his own dreamy electronic grooves. Feeling it? More fresh, innovative boardwork awaits on the Sacramento producer’s freshman solo set, Fantastic Plastic, scheduled to drop February 28.
Written by richard on 02/23/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Light 2008 (It’s Love) ft. Marsha Ambrosius & Bilal" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.