On Back To Love, the first single released off of his forthcoming album, Bilal pondered how to fix a relationship that was headed for Splitsville. It appears although he might not have revived the sputtering relationship, he already has his sights set on a new, West Side Girl. The latest single off the new LP is more of what we have come to know and love from the Philly crooner, as he showcases his elegant, sophisticated style (heavily based on an R&B foundation with just a slight hip-hop influence). Bilal’s vocals flutter atop the jazzy, funky Shafiq Husayn instrumental, which results in a smooth, mellowed-out number. For more from the well-respected veteran. check out A Love Surreal, dropping on Valentines Day via eOne.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Light 2008 (It’s Love) ft. Marsha Ambrosius & Bilal" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.