On Back To Love, the first single released off of his forthcoming album, Bilal pondered how to fix a relationship that was headed for Splitsville. It appears although he might not have revived the sputtering relationship, he already has his sights set on a new, West Side Girl. The latest single off the new LP is more of what we have come to know and love from the Philly crooner, as he showcases his elegant, sophisticated style (heavily based on an R&B foundation with just a slight hip-hop influence). Bilal’s vocals flutter atop the jazzy, funky Shafiq Husayn instrumental, which results in a smooth, mellowed-out number. For more from the well-respected veteran. check out A Love Surreal, dropping on Valentines Day via eOne.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Light 2008 (It’s Love) ft. Marsha Ambrosius & Bilal" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.