On Back To Love, the first single released off of his forthcoming album, Bilal pondered how to fix a relationship that was headed for Splitsville. It appears although he might not have revived the sputtering relationship, he already has his sights set on a new, West Side Girl. The latest single off the new LP is more of what we have come to know and love from the Philly crooner, as he showcases his elegant, sophisticated style (heavily based on an R&B foundation with just a slight hip-hop influence). Bilal’s vocals flutter atop the jazzy, funky Shafiq Husayn instrumental, which results in a smooth, mellowed-out number. For more from the well-respected veteran. check out A Love Surreal, dropping on Valentines Day via eOne.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Light 2008 (It’s Love) ft. Marsha Ambrosius & Bilal" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.