On Back To Love, the first single released off of his forthcoming album, Bilal pondered how to fix a relationship that was headed for Splitsville. It appears although he might not have revived the sputtering relationship, he already has his sights set on a new, West Side Girl. The latest single off the new LP is more of what we have come to know and love from the Philly crooner, as he showcases his elegant, sophisticated style (heavily based on an R&B foundation with just a slight hip-hop influence). Bilal’s vocals flutter atop the jazzy, funky Shafiq Husayn instrumental, which results in a smooth, mellowed-out number. For more from the well-respected veteran. check out A Love Surreal, dropping on Valentines Day via eOne.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Light 2008 (It’s Love) ft. Marsha Ambrosius & Bilal" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.