On Back To Love, the first single released off of his forthcoming album, Bilal pondered how to fix a relationship that was headed for Splitsville. It appears although he might not have revived the sputtering relationship, he already has his sights set on a new, West Side Girl. The latest single off the new LP is more of what we have come to know and love from the Philly crooner, as he showcases his elegant, sophisticated style (heavily based on an R&B foundation with just a slight hip-hop influence). Bilal’s vocals flutter atop the jazzy, funky Shafiq Husayn instrumental, which results in a smooth, mellowed-out number. For more from the well-respected veteran. check out A Love Surreal, dropping on Valentines Day via eOne.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Light 2008 (It’s Love) ft. Marsha Ambrosius & Bilal" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.