Regretting that last hit? We’ve all been there—and as far as I’m aware, there’s nothing you can do but kick back and wait till you’ve come back down to Earth. If you’re looking for a little something to smooth your descent, however, a listen to Bilal‘s latest mixtape single through quality headphones should be just what the doctor ordered. Perennially-blunted crate-digger MADLIB mans the mixing boards on Too High, serving up a mellow, slightly discombobulated jazz backdrop for verses seemingly centered around the neo-soul mainstay and recent eOne signee’s abortive romance with a superficial, success-seeking shorty. I say “seemingly,” because I don’t think the jam was meant to be understood straight, but the lack of THC in my system doesn’t stop it from being a damn fine listen. For Too High and much more, check out Bilal’s latest street album, The Retrospective, when it drops December 5, via the artist’s Facebook.
Written by richard on 12/2/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Light 2008 (It’s Love) ft. Marsha Ambrosius & Bilal" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.