Regretting that last hit? We’ve all been there—and as far as I’m aware, there’s nothing you can do but kick back and wait till you’ve come back down to Earth. If you’re looking for a little something to smooth your descent, however, a listen to Bilal‘s latest mixtape single through quality headphones should be just what the doctor ordered. Perennially-blunted crate-digger MADLIB mans the mixing boards on Too High, serving up a mellow, slightly discombobulated jazz backdrop for verses seemingly centered around the neo-soul mainstay and recent eOne signee’s abortive romance with a superficial, success-seeking shorty. I say “seemingly,” because I don’t think the jam was meant to be understood straight, but the lack of THC in my system doesn’t stop it from being a damn fine listen. For Too High and much more, check out Bilal’s latest street album, The Retrospective, when it drops December 5, via the artist’s Facebook.
Written by richard on 12/2/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Light 2008 (It’s Love) ft. Marsha Ambrosius & Bilal" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.