Not featured on our front page since early February, when he unleashed critically-acclaimed junior set A Love Surreal, neo-soul mainstay Bilal returns at long last with a freshly-minted single off the follow-up. Frequent Ghostface collaborator Adrian Younge handles production on Sirens II, teaming up with Ali Shaheed to create a hip hop-tinged beat that’s simultaneously gritty and silky-smooth. As usual, the Purpose Music Group signee impresses on the vocal tip, delivering his mythologically-inspired lyrics in an effortless, understated fashion. Bilal’s next LP currently lacks both a drop date and a title, but we’ll keep you supplied with that latest news and tunes leading up to its eventual release.
Written by richard on 08/15/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Light 2008 (It’s Love) ft. Marsha Ambrosius & Bilal" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.