Not featured on our front page since early February, when he unleashed critically-acclaimed junior set A Love Surreal, neo-soul mainstay Bilal returns at long last with a freshly-minted single off the follow-up. Frequent Ghostface collaborator Adrian Younge handles production on Sirens II, teaming up with Ali Shaheed to create a hip hop-tinged beat that’s simultaneously gritty and silky-smooth. As usual, the Purpose Music Group signee impresses on the vocal tip, delivering his mythologically-inspired lyrics in an effortless, understated fashion. Bilal’s next LP currently lacks both a drop date and a title, but we’ll keep you supplied with that latest news and tunes leading up to its eventual release.
Written by richard on 08/15/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Light 2008 (It’s Love) ft. Marsha Ambrosius & Bilal" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)