Not featured on our front page since early February, when he unleashed critically-acclaimed junior set A Love Surreal, neo-soul mainstay Bilal returns at long last with a freshly-minted single off the follow-up. Frequent Ghostface collaborator Adrian Younge handles production on Sirens II, teaming up with Ali Shaheed to create a hip hop-tinged beat that’s simultaneously gritty and silky-smooth. As usual, the Purpose Music Group signee impresses on the vocal tip, delivering his mythologically-inspired lyrics in an effortless, understated fashion. Bilal’s next LP currently lacks both a drop date and a title, but we’ll keep you supplied with that latest news and tunes leading up to its eventual release.
Written by richard on 08/15/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Light 2008 (It’s Love) ft. Marsha Ambrosius & Bilal" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.