Not featured on our front page since early February, when he unleashed critically-acclaimed junior set A Love Surreal, neo-soul mainstay Bilal returns at long last with a freshly-minted single off the follow-up. Frequent Ghostface collaborator Adrian Younge handles production on Sirens II, teaming up with Ali Shaheed to create a hip hop-tinged beat that’s simultaneously gritty and silky-smooth. As usual, the Purpose Music Group signee impresses on the vocal tip, delivering his mythologically-inspired lyrics in an effortless, understated fashion. Bilal’s next LP currently lacks both a drop date and a title, but we’ll keep you supplied with that latest news and tunes leading up to its eventual release.
Written by richard on 08/15/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Light 2008 (It’s Love) ft. Marsha Ambrosius & Bilal" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.