A standout track off 2010’s Airtight’s Revenge LP, Robots found neo-soul stalwart Bilal serving up the kind of hard-hitting social commentary usually reserved for underground emcees. Today, the track is back in remixed form, courtesy of producer Remy LBO. Cali native Blu guests, lacing the newly-revamped, shape-shifting groove with some thought-provoking rhetorical questions. More fresh remixes await on Bilal’s Robots Remix EP, released digitally today.
Written by richard on 05/3/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Light 2008 (It’s Love) ft. Marsha Ambrosius & Bilal" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.