A standout track off 2010’s Airtight’s Revenge LP, Robots found neo-soul stalwart Bilal serving up the kind of hard-hitting social commentary usually reserved for underground emcees. Today, the track is back in remixed form, courtesy of producer Remy LBO. Cali native Blu guests, lacing the newly-revamped, shape-shifting groove with some thought-provoking rhetorical questions. More fresh remixes await on Bilal’s Robots Remix EP, released digitally today.
Written by richard on 05/3/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Light 2008 (It’s Love) ft. Marsha Ambrosius & Bilal" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.