Despite the downright epic gap between Bilal‘s last album release and the present day (nine damn years!), leaked cut Free left most readers and staff members convinced that the neo-soul vet’s forthcoming full-length would be well worth the wait. Now, the singer’s shifted his comeback into high gear with the official lead single, which finds him mired in a failing relationship, wondering if it’s too late to hit the “Restart” button and try again. In addition to lacing the beat with his impassioned vocals, the artist lends a hand behind the boards, teaming up with co-producer Steve McKie to craft an intricate instrumental that builds to a truly dizzying climax (if you’ve got headphones handy, now would be the time to put them on). So readers, does this creative cut bode well for BIlal’s long-awaited sophomore full-length? If you’re digging it, you’re sure to find more to your liking on the enigmatically-titled Airtight’s Revenge, set to hit the ‘net September 14, via Plug Research. In the meantime, fans with 89 cents to spare can purchase their very own copy of Restart from iTunes by clicking here!
Written by richard on 08/17/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Light 2008 (It’s Love) ft. Marsha Ambrosius & Bilal" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.