Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
We’ve heard of art imitating life, and life imitating art but what about art imitating art? Soulful crooner Bilal is back with the fruits of his artistic labor which endeavors to do just that. Taking inspiration from the visionary works of 20th century painter Salvador Dali, Bilal is ready to show off his musical canvas on his upcoming album, A Love Surreal, with a punchy new single Back To Love. Given his versatility and depth of range, if anyone can pull off a musical homage to Dali that also explores the many facets of love, it’s Bilal. Back To Love brings an infectious bassline and bouncy instrumentation to Bilal’s signature warble in a way reminds us what we’ve been missing in his absence. Bilal has always known how to make an entrance while leaving a lasting impression, and from the sound of it A Love Surreal, which will feature appearances from jazz pianist Robert Glasper and KING, will continue that trend. We’ve got a while before the February 12, 2013 release date, so enjoy this and look for more from Bilal in the coming weeks.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Bilal’s Brian Lavar-directed Back to Love visual.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 01/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Light 2008 (It’s Love) ft. Marsha Ambrosius & Bilal" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)