Featured this past February, BIGREC‘s Booth debut found the Southern spitter teaming up with Booth faves Playboy Tre and Tom P. to demonstrate just how many syllables he could cram into 16 braggadocious bars. While his double-time flows were dazzling, to be sure, that record’s hypercharged rhymesmith is just one facet of the Oklahoma City-bred New Orleans repper’s musical persona; on newly-leaked mixtape cut mistaBIGstuff (a Booth-exclusive world premiere!), REC introduces us to a more laid-back—but no less attention-grabbing—side of his swag. Spitzwell mans the boards, borrowing a slow-rolling horn-organ groove from N.O. soul songstress Jean Knight’s classic record of the same name, and REC comes with outsized rhymes to match, touting his prodigious skills as well as giving listeners a little biographical detail. On the back, he offers those digging the cut a friendly suggestion: “Change your Facebook status, spread the word about the fact / Tell the world that real hip-hop feeling is back.” If you were impressed enough to follow his advice, then you’re sure to enjoy the rest of the fresh tunes that await on RHHIB Mixtape, Volume 2 [The DiRECtive], dropping Sept. 27, via RealHipHopIsBack.com.
Written by richard on 09/18/11
Submit your Rating
Dymond Mine Records/RHHIB Enterprises
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.