This past Sunday, March 9, marked the eleventh anniversary of the Notorious B.I.G.‘s tragic shooting death in 1997. In honor of the fallen rap legend, NYC rapper/producer “Hav Boy” Monte has decided to organize an annual rap tribute (the first not organized by Diddy or Bad Boy Records) for Biggie, bringing in a different crew of artists each year to pay their respects over a new Hav Boy beat. The first tribute in this new series is Can I Speak To Biggie, which features an intro by 50 Cent, followed by singers Bobby Valentino and Chris Notez lending their vocals to a truly hypnotic hook. Expressing how the lost legend’s lyrics have influenced their own, Maino, Chingy, Hav Boy and Bizzy Bone all jump on the mic for a verse as well. We’ll always love Big Poppa. RIP Chris Wallace (May 21, 1972-March 9, 1997).
Written by Burmy on 03/9/08
Submit your Rating
Bad Boy Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come To Me (Remix) ft. Notorious B.I.G. & Nicole Scherzinger" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.