This past Sunday, March 9, marked the eleventh anniversary of the Notorious B.I.G.‘s tragic shooting death in 1997. In honor of the fallen rap legend, NYC rapper/producer “Hav Boy” Monte has decided to organize an annual rap tribute (the first not organized by Diddy or Bad Boy Records) for Biggie, bringing in a different crew of artists each year to pay their respects over a new Hav Boy beat. The first tribute in this new series is Can I Speak To Biggie, which features an intro by 50 Cent, followed by singers Bobby Valentino and Chris Notez lending their vocals to a truly hypnotic hook. Expressing how the lost legend’s lyrics have influenced their own, Maino, Chingy, Hav Boy and Bizzy Bone all jump on the mic for a verse as well. We’ll always love Big Poppa. RIP Chris Wallace (May 21, 1972-March 9, 1997).
Written by Burmy on 03/9/08
Submit your Rating
Bad Boy Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come To Me (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)