This past Sunday, March 9, marked the eleventh anniversary of the Notorious B.I.G.‘s tragic shooting death in 1997. In honor of the fallen rap legend, NYC rapper/producer “Hav Boy” Monte has decided to organize an annual rap tribute (the first not organized by Diddy or Bad Boy Records) for Biggie, bringing in a different crew of artists each year to pay their respects over a new Hav Boy beat. The first tribute in this new series is Can I Speak To Biggie, which features an intro by 50 Cent, followed by singers Bobby Valentino and Chris Notez lending their vocals to a truly hypnotic hook. Expressing how the lost legend’s lyrics have influenced their own, Maino, Chingy, Hav Boy and Bizzy Bone all jump on the mic for a verse as well. We’ll always love Big Poppa. RIP Chris Wallace (May 21, 1972-March 9, 1997).
Written by Burmy on 03/9/08
Bad Boy Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come To Me (Remix) ft. Notorious B.I.G. & Nicole Scherzinger" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)