This past Sunday, March 9, marked the eleventh anniversary of the Notorious B.I.G.‘s tragic shooting death in 1997. In honor of the fallen rap legend, NYC rapper/producer “Hav Boy” Monte has decided to organize an annual rap tribute (the first not organized by Diddy or Bad Boy Records) for Biggie, bringing in a different crew of artists each year to pay their respects over a new Hav Boy beat. The first tribute in this new series is Can I Speak To Biggie, which features an intro by 50 Cent, followed by singers Bobby Valentino and Chris Notez lending their vocals to a truly hypnotic hook. Expressing how the lost legend’s lyrics have influenced their own, Maino, Chingy, Hav Boy and Bizzy Bone all jump on the mic for a verse as well. We’ll always love Big Poppa. RIP Chris Wallace (May 21, 1972-March 9, 1997).
Written by Burmy on 03/9/08
Submit your Rating
Bad Boy Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come To Me (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.