As a youngster in the streets of Inglewood, California, Big WY was a firsthand witness to the worst that the streets had to offer. Following the shooting death of a cousin, WY took the high road and decided to start a rap career. Despite giving up his active gang lifestyle, Big WY still shows love to all who came up the same way he did under The Soo-Woop Movement. As a matter of fact, three of the best-known rappers with the red flag on the right side hop on board for the emcee’s new single, Big Boys. Fellow hometowner Mack 10, as well as the Byrdgang leader Jim Jones and an auto-tuned The Game each show Big WY why he got into hip-hop in the first place: because you need music you can relate to. Produced by Tweek Beats, Big Boys should be considered an underground classic, whether or not you grew up in that same environment.
Written by Burmy on 09/15/08
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.