As a youngster in the streets of Inglewood, California, Big WY was a firsthand witness to the worst that the streets had to offer. Following the shooting death of a cousin, WY took the high road and decided to start a rap career. Despite giving up his active gang lifestyle, Big WY still shows love to all who came up the same way he did under The Soo-Woop Movement. As a matter of fact, three of the best-known rappers with the red flag on the right side hop on board for the emcee’s new single, Big Boys. Fellow hometowner Mack 10, as well as the Byrdgang leader Jim Jones and an auto-tuned The Game each show Big WY why he got into hip-hop in the first place: because you need music you can relate to. Produced by Tweek Beats, Big Boys should be considered an underground classic, whether or not you grew up in that same environment.
Written by Burmy on 09/15/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.