As a youngster in the streets of Inglewood, California, Big WY was a firsthand witness to the worst that the streets had to offer. Following the shooting death of a cousin, WY took the high road and decided to start a rap career. Despite giving up his active gang lifestyle, Big WY still shows love to all who came up the same way he did under The Soo-Woop Movement. As a matter of fact, three of the best-known rappers with the red flag on the right side hop on board for the emcee’s new single, Big Boys. Fellow hometowner Mack 10, as well as the Byrdgang leader Jim Jones and an auto-tuned The Game each show Big WY why he got into hip-hop in the first place: because you need music you can relate to. Produced by Tweek Beats, Big Boys should be considered an underground classic, whether or not you grew up in that same environment.
Written by Burmy on 09/15/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.