As a youngster in the streets of Inglewood, California, Big WY was a firsthand witness to the worst that the streets had to offer. Following the shooting death of a cousin, WY took the high road and decided to start a rap career. Despite giving up his active gang lifestyle, Big WY still shows love to all who came up the same way he did under The Soo-Woop Movement. As a matter of fact, three of the best-known rappers with the red flag on the right side hop on board for the emcee’s new single, Big Boys. Fellow hometowner Mack 10, as well as the Byrdgang leader Jim Jones and an auto-tuned The Game each show Big WY why he got into hip-hop in the first place: because you need music you can relate to. Produced by Tweek Beats, Big Boys should be considered an underground classic, whether or not you grew up in that same environment.
Written by Burmy on 09/15/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.