For as long as hip-hop has been around in Louisiana, the city of New Orleans has taken the cake. However, in the past few years, the cities of Baton Rouge (thanks to Trill Ent., including Lil’ Boosie) and Shreveport (Hurricane Chris) have put their cities on the map. A year later and even stronger, another artist from the Pelican State is ready to emerge, only this time from Shreveport’s I-49 neighbor, Natchitoches. On the remix to his underground hit Fly As F*ck, Big Unk (not to be confused with DJ Unk of Walk It Out fame) recruits Hurricane and Boosie Bad Azz, who together creare the perfect –in the words of DJ Hollywood Bay Bay– “1-49 to I-10 connection!” For more statewide jams, pick up Big Unk’s debut album, Tolerated But Hated, in stores April 8.
Written by Burmy on 03/31/08
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.