For as long as hip-hop has been around in Louisiana, the city of New Orleans has taken the cake. However, in the past few years, the cities of Baton Rouge (thanks to Trill Ent., including Lil’ Boosie) and Shreveport (Hurricane Chris) have put their cities on the map. A year later and even stronger, another artist from the Pelican State is ready to emerge, only this time from Shreveport’s I-49 neighbor, Natchitoches. On the remix to his underground hit Fly As F*ck, Big Unk (not to be confused with DJ Unk of Walk It Out fame) recruits Hurricane and Boosie Bad Azz, who together creare the perfect –in the words of DJ Hollywood Bay Bay– “1-49 to I-10 connection!” For more statewide jams, pick up Big Unk’s debut album, Tolerated But Hated, in stores April 8.
Written by Burmy on 03/31/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.