For as long as hip-hop has been around in Louisiana, the city of New Orleans has taken the cake. However, in the past few years, the cities of Baton Rouge (thanks to Trill Ent., including Lil’ Boosie) and Shreveport (Hurricane Chris) have put their cities on the map. A year later and even stronger, another artist from the Pelican State is ready to emerge, only this time from Shreveport’s I-49 neighbor, Natchitoches. On the remix to his underground hit Fly As F*ck, Big Unk (not to be confused with DJ Unk of Walk It Out fame) recruits Hurricane and Boosie Bad Azz, who together creare the perfect –in the words of DJ Hollywood Bay Bay– “1-49 to I-10 connection!” For more statewide jams, pick up Big Unk’s debut album, Tolerated But Hated, in stores April 8.
Written by Burmy on 03/31/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.