Like most good things in life, musical success requires a superhuman level of dedication, but the moments of triumph, when one can sit back and reflect on the achievement of a goal that once seemed so distant, more than make up for the relentless grind. Big Tone‘s first feature sees the Detroit native teaming up with a recent Booth favorite to celebrate the view from the top. Featuring lengthy, densely-packed verses by both Tone and underground emcee Blu, A Song Called Triumph has plenty to offer fans of smart, lyrically-focused rap. The emcee lives up to his name on his self-produced beat; though catchy and well-arranged, his instrumental’s Tone is perhaps a little too Big, at least for this record—Blu’s subtle flow in particular might have benefited from some more space. Regardless, this first feature should turn some heads in the Booth, and raise anticipation for the Motor City emcee’s forthcoming LP, The Art of Ink
Written by richard on 03/4/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.