Why does Big Sid walk, talk and act the way he does? As far as the Lone Star State emcee (and event promoter) is concerned, it can all be traced back to his formative years in the streets. On mixtape lead single Born on the Block (the artist’s first Booth feature), a trunk-banging instrumental by Yung Chill sets the mood as Sid, Big K.R.I.T. and Killer Mike spit about the debt they owe to their respective ‘hoods. For more, check out the headliner’s Failure Is Not an Option mixtape when it arrives on the ‘net this fall.
Written by richard on 07/7/11
Submit your Rating
Playaz Choice Ent.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.