For years, the word “hardbody” has become synonymous with New York City hip hop culture. So it should come as no surprise that veteran rapper Big Shug’s newest single Hardbody features a who’s who of some of the most hardbody artists in the game, including iconic Brooklyn duo M.O.P. and the Bronx’s very own Fat Joe. As a founding member of the legendary Gang Starr, Shug is all too familiar with the throwback sound of the 90’s “Golden Era” and that sonic landscape is mimicked effortlessly on the DJ Premier produced track. Big Shug, M.O.P. and Fat Joe all seem to take on a sort of youthfulness as they rap along to the legendary producer’s snare and scratch filled production. Expect plenty more hardbody-ness when Big Shug’s fourth solo album I.M. 4-Eva is released later this month, on July 24.
Babygrande Records/Team Shug
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Play It" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!