With his debut studio album, at long last, headed for store shelves, G.O.O.D Music mainstay Big Sean is suddenly having second thoughts. Reasoning, “I Don’t Think They Want It,” the Motown repper has decided to push the project back another year to build up sufficient anticipation. Psych! I made that up. In reality, this cut (the final, mixed and mastered version of a record leaked to the ‘net last October) finds Sean as determined as ever to reach out and grab the success he so richly deserves. With the rolling, clattering percussion-synth grooves of Windy City heavyweight No I.D. as his canvas, the emcee exhibits an ironclad commitment to his hustle, along with with his usual bold-and-arrogant lyrical sensibility: “7-11, a n*gga keep rollin / I’m headed to the top b*tch and I don’t think you goin’.” Sean’s swag is impeccable, to be sure, but is this the kind of material that’ll send Big Sean to the top of the industry food chain? Debate away – and don’t forget to pick up your very own copy of Finally Famous The Album on June 21, when it makes its impact at store shelves and online retailers.
Written by richard on 05/22/11
G.O.O.D./Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.