With his debut studio album, at long last, headed for store shelves, G.O.O.D Music mainstay Big Sean is suddenly having second thoughts. Reasoning, “I Don’t Think They Want It,” the Motown repper has decided to push the project back another year to build up sufficient anticipation. Psych! I made that up. In reality, this cut (the final, mixed and mastered version of a record leaked to the ‘net last October) finds Sean as determined as ever to reach out and grab the success he so richly deserves. With the rolling, clattering percussion-synth grooves of Windy City heavyweight No I.D. as his canvas, the emcee exhibits an ironclad commitment to his hustle, along with with his usual bold-and-arrogant lyrical sensibility: “7-11, a n*gga keep rollin / I’m headed to the top b*tch and I don’t think you goin’.” Sean’s swag is impeccable, to be sure, but is this the kind of material that’ll send Big Sean to the top of the industry food chain? Debate away – and don’t forget to pick up your very own copy of Finally Famous The Album on June 21, when it makes its impact at store shelves and online retailers.
Written by richard on 05/22/11
G.O.O.D./Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.