With his debut studio album, at long last, headed for store shelves, G.O.O.D Music mainstay Big Sean is suddenly having second thoughts. Reasoning, “I Don’t Think They Want It,” the Motown repper has decided to push the project back another year to build up sufficient anticipation. Psych! I made that up. In reality, this cut (the final, mixed and mastered version of a record leaked to the ‘net last October) finds Sean as determined as ever to reach out and grab the success he so richly deserves. With the rolling, clattering percussion-synth grooves of Windy City heavyweight No I.D. as his canvas, the emcee exhibits an ironclad commitment to his hustle, along with with his usual bold-and-arrogant lyrical sensibility: “7-11, a n*gga keep rollin / I’m headed to the top b*tch and I don’t think you goin’.” Sean’s swag is impeccable, to be sure, but is this the kind of material that’ll send Big Sean to the top of the industry food chain? Debate away – and don’t forget to pick up your very own copy of Finally Famous The Album on June 21, when it makes its impact at store shelves and online retailers.
Written by richard on 05/22/11
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D./Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.