Earlier this week, Kid CuDi announced that he is no longer signed to Kanye’s G.O.O.D Music label. But you know who is still signed to G.O.O.D Music? Big Sean. Before the weekend revelry, the Detroit native has unleashed his new single, Switch Up, his first release since last fall’s Guap. The song, which is co-produced by DJ Mano, No I.D. and Rob Kilenski, is a street meets club affair that finds Sean suggesting that it’s “time to kill it.” What, per say, is Sean suggesting is killed? Why the track, of course. Joining in on the swagged-out mic murdering is Sean’s labelmate and fellow Midwesterner, Common, who I can promise you’ve never heard rap quite like this before. Switch Up is the second single from Sean’s forthcoming sophomore album, Hall of Fame, scheduled for release this summer via Def Jam.
Written by DJ Z on 04/5/13
Debut albums don’t really mean much. All it takes is one hit single, a perfect storm of marketing, and boom, you’ve blown up. Quick, what do Black Rob, Mike Jones (who?) and Vanilla Ice all have in common? They all went...
G.O.O.D./Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.