Earlier this week, Kid CuDi announced that he is no longer signed to Kanye’s G.O.O.D Music label. But you know who is still signed to G.O.O.D Music? Big Sean. Before the weekend revelry, the Detroit native has unleashed his new single, Switch Up, his first release since last fall’s Guap. The song, which is co-produced by DJ Mano, No I.D. and Rob Kilenski, is a street meets club affair that finds Sean suggesting that it’s “time to kill it.” What, per say, is Sean suggesting is killed? Why the track, of course. Joining in on the swagged-out mic murdering is Sean’s labelmate and fellow Midwesterner, Common, who I can promise you’ve never heard rap quite like this before. Switch Up is the second single from Sean’s forthcoming sophomore album, Hall of Fame, scheduled for release this summer via Def Jam.
Written by DJ Z on 04/5/13
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D / Def Jam Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.