Earlier this week, Kid CuDi announced that he is no longer signed to Kanye’s G.O.O.D Music label. But you know who is still signed to G.O.O.D Music? Big Sean. Before the weekend revelry, the Detroit native has unleashed his new single, Switch Up, his first release since last fall’s Guap. The song, which is co-produced by DJ Mano, No I.D. and Rob Kilenski, is a street meets club affair that finds Sean suggesting that it’s “time to kill it.” What, per say, is Sean suggesting is killed? Why the track, of course. Joining in on the swagged-out mic murdering is Sean’s labelmate and fellow Midwesterner, Common, who I can promise you’ve never heard rap quite like this before. Switch Up is the second single from Sean’s forthcoming sophomore album, Hall of Fame, scheduled for release this summer via Def Jam.
Written by DJ Z on 04/5/13
Debut albums don’t really mean much. All it takes is one hit single, a perfect storm of marketing, and boom, you’ve blown up. Quick, what do Black Rob, Mike Jones (who?) and Vanilla Ice all have in common? They all went...
G.O.O.D./Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)