Though Big Sean‘s Booth debut, Billionaire, attracted mainly negative attention from our readers (to be fair, that might have had something to do with the unfortunate Khaled sample), and neither his remix of Kanye‘s Paranoid nor the Teriyaki Boyz’ Teriya-King (on which he was a featured artist) met with a much warmer reception, many of the same people who panned these records commented that they had heard much better from the G.O.O.D. Music emcee. Hopefully, this newly-released mixtape cut will serve to correct these possibly inaccurate first impressions, convincing listeners that Sean is, in fact, a Supa Dupa rapper. WrighTrax‘s organ-driven production provides a mellow, melodic backdrop as Sean packs his steady, measured flow with word-association punchlines. The hook says it best: “I does it, and I’ma make this look like nothing” If Big Sean’s nonchalant rhymes on Supa Dupa leave you wanting more, keep an eye out for his forthcoming UKNOBIGSEAN mixtape, as well as the debut album, Finally Famous, that will follow.
Written by richard on 02/22/09
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D / Def Jam Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label