Though Big Sean‘s Booth debut, Billionaire, attracted mainly negative attention from our readers (to be fair, that might have had something to do with the unfortunate Khaled sample), and neither his remix of Kanye‘s Paranoid nor the Teriyaki Boyz’ Teriya-King (on which he was a featured artist) met with a much warmer reception, many of the same people who panned these records commented that they had heard much better from the G.O.O.D. Music emcee. Hopefully, this newly-released mixtape cut will serve to correct these possibly inaccurate first impressions, convincing listeners that Sean is, in fact, a Supa Dupa rapper. WrighTrax‘s organ-driven production provides a mellow, melodic backdrop as Sean packs his steady, measured flow with word-association punchlines. The hook says it best: “I does it, and I’ma make this look like nothing” If Big Sean’s nonchalant rhymes on Supa Dupa leave you wanting more, keep an eye out for his forthcoming UKNOBIGSEAN mixtape, as well as the debut album, Finally Famous, that will follow.
Written by richard on 02/22/09
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D./Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.