Though Big Sean‘s Booth debut, Billionaire, attracted mainly negative attention from our readers (to be fair, that might have had something to do with the unfortunate Khaled sample), and neither his remix of Kanye‘s Paranoid nor the Teriyaki Boyz’ Teriya-King (on which he was a featured artist) met with a much warmer reception, many of the same people who panned these records commented that they had heard much better from the G.O.O.D. Music emcee. Hopefully, this newly-released mixtape cut will serve to correct these possibly inaccurate first impressions, convincing listeners that Sean is, in fact, a Supa Dupa rapper. WrighTrax‘s organ-driven production provides a mellow, melodic backdrop as Sean packs his steady, measured flow with word-association punchlines. The hook says it best: “I does it, and I’ma make this look like nothing” If Big Sean’s nonchalant rhymes on Supa Dupa leave you wanting more, keep an eye out for his forthcoming UKNOBIGSEAN mixtape, as well as the debut album, Finally Famous, that will follow.
Written by richard on 02/22/09
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D / Def Jam Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.