Though Big Sean‘s Booth debut, Billionaire, attracted mainly negative attention from our readers (to be fair, that might have had something to do with the unfortunate Khaled sample), and neither his remix of Kanye‘s Paranoid nor the Teriyaki Boyz’ Teriya-King (on which he was a featured artist) met with a much warmer reception, many of the same people who panned these records commented that they had heard much better from the G.O.O.D. Music emcee. Hopefully, this newly-released mixtape cut will serve to correct these possibly inaccurate first impressions, convincing listeners that Sean is, in fact, a Supa Dupa rapper. WrighTrax‘s organ-driven production provides a mellow, melodic backdrop as Sean packs his steady, measured flow with word-association punchlines. The hook says it best: “I does it, and I’ma make this look like nothing” If Big Sean’s nonchalant rhymes on Supa Dupa leave you wanting more, keep an eye out for his forthcoming UKNOBIGSEAN mixtape, as well as the debut album, Finally Famous, that will follow.
Written by richard on 02/22/09
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D./Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)