For most, finding one’s purpose in life is something only achieved after decades of soul-searching, if at all. Big Sean, however, knew his true calling ever since he laid eyes on his first C-note: “I feel like getting’ paper is my destiny.” On new mixtape single Mula, the Motown rhymesayer pledges allegiance to the Almighty Dollar, lacing Young Chop‘s icy trap boardwork with high-rolling lyrical snapshots of his paper chase. Fellow lover of lucre French Montana contributes a high-rolling guest 16 on the back, and Mike Carson and Mike Waxx co-direct the record’s opulent official visuals. In addition to copping Sean’s Detroit street album, available now online, fans should stay tuned for further details on sophomore studio album Hall of Fame: Memoirs of a Detroit Player, due out in 2013. Click here to show your support for the artist in the Best of the Booth Awards, where he’s currently in the running for Best Mixtape/Street Album and Best Emcee of 2012.
Written by richard on 12/14/12
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D / Def Jam Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.